Timber Frame Workshop Operative
Full-time opportunity available for an experienced Workshop Operative, building bespoke timber frame homes and buildings. We are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable and punctual individual to join our rapidly expanding workforce.
Training will be given for use of specific machinery, however carpentry experience is necessary. Hand and machine woodworking tool experience is a must and although not essential, experience working in a factory is a bonus. Candidates must be able to make their own way to and from our factory based in Chatham Docks.
The role offers a competitive rate of pay, with the potential for overtime and performance related bonuses. These bonuses will be linked to your ability to effectively work to deadlines without compromising on quality.
Applicants must be 21 or over, have a full, clean driving licence and be available to start immediately. A valid and up to date forklift licence is a bonus, however not essential as training can be provided where necessary.
- Preparation and cutting of timber material ready for panels
- Construction of timber frame panels
- Stacking panels ready for transportation
- Operating woodworking machinery safely
- Taking responsibility for the general upkeep of the factory and machinery
- Working to deadlines with the ability to work under pressure without compromising on standards
- Accurately reading technical drawings to ensure precision of work
- Keeping your work area clean and tidy
- Complying with all safety regulations and guidelines, with the upmost regard to our Health and Safety policy at all times
- Taking responsibility for all workmanship and being accountable for all actions
- Having a motivated ‘can-do’ attitude with a hands on approach to work
- Being able to work effectively in a team
- Keeping to a high standard of work with a continuous emphasis on quality and professionalism
Applicants should firstly contact our recruitment line on 01634 791 988 in order to take part in a telephone interview. Successful applicants will then be invited to a recruitment workshop, for an opportunity to view our factory, meet our team and demonstrate practical skills. Following this, CVs will be requested, and potential candidates will be called for individual interviews.